Your Mortgage Center
Work with Jacob Heglund Realty puts you in touch with the premier, local financing team of Inlanta Mortgage. The Jonathan Arnold Team is here to make sure you not only find the perfect home, but also that you close on time with no surprises.
Inlanta is pleased to announce the Lock and Shop program for homebuyers who haven’t found a property yet, but want to lock in while interest rates are historically low.
Inlanta Lock and Shop
Do you want to lock in your mortgage rate, but haven’t found a property yet? The Inlanta Lock and Shop program allows you to lock your interest rate while you shop for your new home. Features and eligibility requirements of the Lock and Shop program include:
- Fixed rate purchase mortgage only
- Minimum FICO of 640
- 72-day lock period*, extension limits apply
Benefits of Lock and Shop
- Save Money – Borrowers concerned that even a small increase in the interest rate could cause a budget problem and purchasing power can lock in their mortgage rate early.
- Process Moves Faster – Expedite your home buying process with Inlanta by locking in a low rate and getting a fully underwritten pre-approval. A fully underwritten pre-approval gives you negotiating power when you submit your offer to purchase because the agent and the seller know that your chances of closing the loan are much higher than someone without a fully underwritten pre-approval.
- Peace of Mind – Locking a rate when you apply for a loan may be useful because it’s likely to take several weeks or longer to prepare, document, and evaluate your loan application. During that time, the cost of mortgages may change.
More on Rate Locks
A lock-in, also called a rate-lock or rate commitment, is a lender’s promise to hold a certain interest rate and a certain number of points for you, usually for a specified period of time, while your loan application is processed.
*Lock extensions are limited to no more than 30 days past the original 72-day expiration. .25 bps lock fee required. Fee refunded if loan closes. Restrictions apply on locked loan amount changing and product locked cannot be changed without voiding price protection.